“Mike Gladue, a Cree from Alberta, is the founder and chairman of the SGHN. Gladue, along with seven other members of the group, was in Conne River to officially launch the Walk for Nations that will end up in Campbell River, British Columbia in November.
Gladue said that he came up with the idea for the walk across Canada with fellow SGHN member Erwin Chartrand, an Ojibwa from Manitoba.
While Gladue and Chartrand grew up in different parts of Canada, their teen years have a lot in common as both were involved in criminal activities of one kind or another. However, today, both have turned their lives around and are dedicated to help today’s generation of aboriginals to avoid many of the pitfalls that they fell in.”
- 'Sweet spot': Winnipeg has become 'a place that everyone wants to go' cbc.ca/1.3834681 4 hours ago
- Zizek! @Fandor #documentary #films fandor.com/films/zizek 4 hours ago
- Orkestra Obsolete play Blue Monday using 1930s instruments - BBC Arts youtu.be/cHLbaOLWjpc via @YouTube 5 days ago
- Why is TV 29.97 frames per second? youtu.be/3GJUM6pCpew via @YouTube 6 days ago
- Quentin Tarantino developing movie based on Manson murders tribute.ca/news/quentin-t… 1 week ago