“Mike Gladue, a Cree from Alberta, is the founder and chairman of the SGHN. Gladue, along with seven other members of the group, was in Conne River to officially launch the Walk for Nations that will end up in Campbell River, British Columbia in November.
Gladue said that he came up with the idea for the walk across Canada with fellow SGHN member Erwin Chartrand, an Ojibwa from Manitoba.
While Gladue and Chartrand grew up in different parts of Canada, their teen years have a lot in common as both were involved in criminal activities of one kind or another. However, today, both have turned their lives around and are dedicated to help today’s generation of aboriginals to avoid many of the pitfalls that they fell in.”
- I submitted my film Highway 45 to @AustinFilmFest's Film Competition! Wish me luck! Submit yours by March 30th for… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- These 17 satirical images illustrate the pitfalls of pop consumer culture minds.com/blog/view/6225… 6 days ago
- Finding chaos and precision in all things – a philosophy of watchmaking – aeon.co/videos/finding… via @aeonmag 6 days ago
- Welcome to the Red Pill: The angry men's rights group that 'knows what women want' telegraph.co.uk/women/life/red… via @TeleWonderWomen 2 weeks ago
- Frustrations, flirtations and family reunions – the first days of public wifi in Cuba – aeon.co/videos/frustra… via @aeonmag 2 weeks ago